Yesterday IDEO posted some very well presented in-process concepts for BUG UI design opportunities. They started by presenting some Mid-Project Concept Sketches. Download the PDF. Seriously, it’s inspiring.
They followed up with a post on each proposed concept:
- Concept 1 – e-Ink over Tactile Switches
- Concept 2 – Color LCD w/ Capacitive Touch
- Concept 3 – Monochrome Matrix LCD with Segmented Multicolor Backlight
- Concept 4 – Customizable Illuminated Buttons w/ Side Status Panel
- Concept 5 – NTE (Near-To-Eye) Micro-Display with Trackball
Very interesting concepts and very well presented. So well, in fact, that IDEO acknowledged the polished appearance and posted a few photos of the work-in-progress. Extra points for prototyping ePaper graphics on a Kindle.